- Chef: Excellently flavored food. Full bar, decent wine selection and custom made cocktails. But only a single bourbon (Makers). Small and cosy seating area. Live entertainment on the night we went.
- Foodie: Fantastic food, creative bar, and low key casual environment make the drive to Crestview Hills, KY worth it. The tapas are huge portions – for tapas. The meals are small but the flavor is memorable. Quaint dining area is romantic.
What We Liked
- Chef: Food was very flavorful without being spicy. The Tapas were generous. The entire experience had a very intimate date-like feel.
- Foodie: The rope vieja (Argentinian pork stew) is a must-have. Flavorful, without being spicy. The tapas menu is the star – beef tacos, risotto cakes, flavored olives – all amazing and affordable. The intimate, romantic vibe makes it the perfect date night.
What We Didn’t Like
- Chef: Mediocre desserts. A bit too intimate for anything but dinner with a loved one.
- Foodie: The desserts were disappointing. Lacking in flavor and tasted stale. The location looks like a small coffee shop, which is deceiving.
What We Ordered
- Ropa vieja (pork stew served over rice), a meal
- Argentinian lemon drink
- Risotto cakes, a tapa
- Beef tacos, a tapa
- Warm flavored olives, a tapa
- Chocolate cake for dessert
- Tiramisu creamy cake for dessert
Good For Date Night?
- Yes, one of the more romantic places around.
- Not good for groups with picky eaters who don’t like tacos, olives, or risotto.
- Chef: Friendly and helpful. Not attentive.
- Foodie: Mediocre. Friendly, but inattentive.
- Casual, quaint feel.
- Bathrooms were clean and convenient.
- Live music was nice. Normally live music is either too loud or the performer is untalented (or both, yikes). But this was quiet, romantic, and the musicians were quite talented.
- No, no food for kids. No kid-friendly cups. More of a lounge/bar scene.
- Best dressed woman in the place was wearing dress slacks with a cardigan.
- Best dressed man in the place was wearing nice jeans and a casual blazer.
- Worst dressed woman in the place was wearing jeans and a casual t-shirt.
- Worst dressed man in the place was wearing jeans and a casual t-shirt.
Age of Diners
- Most diners were under 40. Several couples under 30. One group in their 50’s.
Part of Town
- Crestview Hills, Northern KY
- Near Dillards
- Plenty of shopping center parking. Didn’t have trouble finding a spot even during prime time shopping.
- Area felt very safe