- Chef: Opportunity to sample some of Nicola’s food without the inconveniences of going downtown. Food was not quite as good, but the prices were much better. Bar was excellent with an extensive bourbon selection and complimentary olive samplers.
- Foodie: This is not fabulous like the sister restaurant, Nicola’s downtown, but it is a great option for upscale modern Italian without the hassle of parking downtown. The gnocchi (potato dumplings in creamy sauce) and tagliatelle bolognese (flat noodles with meat sauce) are delicious and the same dishes served at Nicola’s. The prosciutto (thin italian ham), fig, ricotta bruschetta is a must have.
What We Liked
- Chef: Extensive bourbon selection. Very friendly staff. Better prices than Nicolas. Food still very good. Relaxing atmosphere.
- Foodie: A nice way to try Nicola’s-style food without going downtown. More casual and modern decor than Nicola’s but still fancy enough to make it a nice date night.
What We Didn’t Like
- Chef: Food not quite up to par with Nicola’s (but still very good). Ambiance not as impressive as Nicola’s.
- Foodie: The food is pricey for Italian food, but the price point is still decent for frequent visits and the portions are large so it offsets the higher prices.
What We Ordered
- Gnocchi – potato dumplings in creamy sauce
- Tagliatelle bolognese – flat noodles with meat sauce
- Prosciutto (thin italian ham), fig, ricotta bruschetta – appetizer
Good For Date Night?
- Yes, intimate feel.
- Not good for people expecting typical Italian. This is not a spaghetti, meatballs, or pizza place.
- Chef: Although the staff was younger and not as knowledgable as I would like, they were very friendly and made an effort.
- Foodie: Mediocre, not excellent like Nicola’s.
- Casual, modern feel.
- Comfortable place for a couple.
- No, no food for kids. Seating isn’t kid friendly.
- Best dressed woman in the place was wearing a skirt with a casual shirt and cardigan.
- Best dressed man in the place was wearing nice jeans and a dress shirt.
- Worst dressed woman in the place was wearing nice jeans and a casual shirt.
- Worst dressed man in the place was wearing nice jeans and a casual button-down shirt.
Age of Diners
- Most diners were under 40, mostly 30-something couples.
Part of Town
- Montgomery, east side of Cincinnati
- Downtown Montgomery
- Parking is kind of a pain in Montgomery but there is a small lot behind the restaurant
- Area felt very safe